Re: Re ISSUE-26: When a 3rd party becomes a 1st party

I think granting First party status to a [Third Party] widget embedded on a site needs to be viewed in terms of user expectations.  They are likely not to understand that that widget or some other syndicated application has its own data collection practices, different privacy policies, etc.  For a user to have meaningful DNT, such widgets should be regarded as Third Party, and hence the DNT signal should be in effect.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009