Re: Move TouchEvents spec tweaking to GitHub?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 27/01/2015 14:32, Rick Byers wrote:
>
>   From what I've been able to figure out, gh-pages is triggered either by
>> a branch name or a special repo name (eg.
>> https://github.com/RByers/rbyers.github.io has just a master branch).
>> It looks like the manifest spec <https://github.com/w3c/manifest> is
>> using only a gh-pages branch, so presumably that's an acceptable
>> workflow.  As long as we're iterating on two different branches then
>> gh-pages isn't an option for us.  Perhaps we should move the TEE to a
>> new document in the same branch as v1-errata?
>>

> The latter is basically what I'm doing with most of my stuff...on master,
> make a branch gh-pages, then set THAT in github to be the default branch,
> and delete the master branch. Job done. Any change, merged PR, etc will
> almost instantly update the live version (see for instance
> https://github.com/patrickhlauke/touch/ which only has gh-pages,
> immediately accessible from http://patrickhlauke.github.io/touch/)

Let me experiment a bit on what is possible and see what I can come up
with. Having a master branch that is bitrot isn't nice, and having no
master and only gh-pages triggers funny behavior in some tools, which isn't
ideal. (If memory serves, quite a few tools assume master is there.)

Quickest solution that came to mind is to have a gh-pages branch which has
two dummy documents triggering redirects to a rawgit.com URL.

--
Sangwhan Moon [Opera Software ASA]
Software Engineer | Tokyo, Japan