Re: mouseenter, mouseleave, and touch compat/interop

On 04/02/2015 23:36, Jacob Rossi wrote:
[SNIP]
> I think this critical detail (not firing mouseenter/mouseleave for
> touch) should probably be added as errata to the current spec. WDYT?

Couching it in an informative note, perhaps? Off the top of my head,
something that conveys the idea that "Some browsers [are we actually ok
to name names here and just say Safari/iOS?] use heuristics to increase
compatibility with common mouse-specific patterns such as hover-based
dropdown menus...blah blah...may choose NOT to fire
mouseenter/mouseleave...blah blah"

I'm only guessing it should be non-normative, as otherwise we risk
making a substantial change to the spec that could retrospectively make
current implementations non-compliant?

Patrick H. Lauke