Re: Errata for Touch Events?

On 05/12/2014 14:46, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Wondering aloud here ... do you (or others) have input for such a
> document? If so, perhaps it would be helpful to reference a (wiki)
> document this CG, PFWG (and others) could create and maintain.

I'm trying to understand first of all what the original purpose of the
intended document was/is? Anything beyond "these touch events generate
these compat mouse events"? because for, say, keyboard events, i know of
no implementation that does anything like generate a
keypress/keyup/keydown as a result of a touch event. On the other hand,
some platforms (e.g. iOS with an attached keyboard and VoiceOver
running, or android with a paired mouse) will "fake" touch events at OS
level (so it's the OS itself that maps mouse as if it was a finger, from
what I can see on Android - and on iOS, it's VoiceOver that's doing it
OS-wide), so nothing really that concerns actual browser implementation
I think.

Patrick H. Lauke