Re: hyperlinks

On 11/12/2017 10:58 AM, Fredrik Söderquist wrote:

> decent fallback. Maybe hyperlinks will be part of a future version of
> the specification - it seems very unlikely that it will do so using HTML
> attribute syntax. You can raise a feature request at the WebVTT
> GitHub: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/new

That's sort of what I suggesting, a way to do it without attributes,
which is why I suggested <a.https www.example.com/>stuff</a> - where the
first dot is delimiter between tag and arguments and within arguments, a
space is delimiter between protocol and url (requiring %20 for spaces in
url in case it ever needs to be extended with a third argument, such as
possibly accessible name for link)

I don't want to raise a feature request, would rather someone with a
better understanding of where WebVTT is going do that if this fits where
it is going, so I just thought I'd suggest here. Which is now done.