Re: VTT/CSS (was RE: Evidence of 'Wide Review' needed for VTT)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 07:16:42 +0100, Loretta Guarino Reid
<lorettaguarino@google.com> wrote:

>>> In short, style rules in the header of a VTT file is what we (our
>>> publishers) would like to have. Styling rules inside the cues and
>>> links to external CSS are less relevant.
>>>

>> CSS can link to external CSS with @import, so VTT doesn't need a
>> dedicated
>> mechanism for that.
>

> This does not solve the problem of keeping all of the authored
> information
> in a single file. I agree with Jeroen on the desirability of style rules
> in
> the header.

Yes, but I think you missed my point. My point is that if we add a
mechanism to include an inline stylesheet, we also get a mechanism to
point to an external stylesheet for free, since CSS already has it.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software