Re: Evidence of 'Wide Review' needed for VTT

Like Simon, I would also regard the extensive discussions on the
mailing lists (both WHATWG originally and later this CG list), as well
as the open and closed bugs and their comments as a proof of extensive
feedback and comments on the spec.

In addition, we had many discussions at FOMS, most of which are
documented at http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2013/pmwiki.php/Main/Schedule
(for 2013) and http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2012/pmwiki.php/Main/Schedule
(for 2012). Note the diversity of the participants on the respective
Websites.

Further, if you search on Google.com for WebVTT, you find more than
about 145K results - that should provide proof for wide-spread
discussion and review, too.

Finally, you will even find WebVTT mentioned in FCC documents, e.g.
http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/VPAAC/First_VPAAC_Report_to_the_FCC_7-11-11_FINAL.pdf

I think we're in pretty good shape for proving wide review, if you ask
me. However, does "wide review" also mean that all the issues that
have been discussed have to have been resolved? I'm a bit hazy on that
point.

Also, we need to prepare the CR document with the correct W3C headers.
We can do at the drop of a hat, once requested by the TT-WG. That
should probably be our next effort.

Regards,
Silvia.