Absolute region positioning (was Re: Alternative approach to scrolling, with demos)

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:

> == Absolute positioning and scrolling ==
>
> Demo: http://people.opera.com/philipj/2014/03/vttscroll/absolute.html
>
> Finally, an idea for how scrolling might work with absolutely
> positioned cues. You simply position all the cues at the point where
> scrolling should begin, and they'll scroll up from there.

I've attached a vtt file for you with two "regions". The cues should
each get limited to their "region".

You can see for yourself how this breaks down with 2 regions present.

I think it's quite clear that the concept of cue groups codified in
regions is a more appropriate approach than building ad-hoc groups of
captions by trying to group them based on them overlapping each other.

Cheers,