Re: WebVTT spec

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Actually, the constructors were the key point of my problem. I think
> I've got it now: you wouldn't create a TextTrackCue() because it's only
> a virtual class, you would only create a WebVTTCue(). Thus, the format
> is clear and there is no need to specify it further.

TextTrackCue() is nothing at all. TextTrackCue (no paretheses) is an
interface, not a class. But otherwise, yes.

> > I mean a diff of this:
> >
> >   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/text-tracks/raw-file/default/webvtt/webvtt.html
> >
> > ...and this:
> >
> >    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/
> >
> > It looks like there's all kinds of errors right now, for example
> > compare these two sections:
> >
> >    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/text-tracks/raw-file/default/webvtt/webvtt.html#webvtt-cue-text-dom-construction-rules
> >    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/#webvtt-cue-text-dom-construction-rules
>
> Yes, I think that's a style issue.

It's more than just style, there's different numbers of hyperlinks.

> > Also the new style sheet you have applied is missing all kinds of
> > things. For example, the table in the section above is all misstyled,
> > domintro blocks are unstyled, the spacing in the IANA section is all
> > off, broken cross-references and incomplete sections aren't
> > highlighted, etc.
>
> Right - I haven't fully applied all the ReSpec functionality yet. Thanks
> for pointing these out.

This should just be CSS, I don't see why the markup would be affected at
all.

> > Also you're referencing a version of HTML with all kinds of errors,
> > and you seem to have changed the spec's status from "Standard" to
> > "Working Draft" which seems like a regression.
>
> Yes, that part I have no idea how to deal with.

It's easy. This is a CG, the HTML spec that used to be referenced is in
another CG. Similarly, the spec title can just be left unchanged.