Re: File headers

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2013, at 15:11 , Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> >>
> >> Agreed. But we're talking about inlining CSS files which also have
> >> significant blank lines.
> >
> > Blank lines aren't significant in CSS.
>

> That's my understanding; that blank lines can be removed from any CSS file
> without any change in meaning.  Someone find a counter-example if we're
> wrong, please!

Not significant for the parser, but for the author and for readability.
What I meant with it is that blank lines are in use in typical CSS, so we
can't do a simple cut and paste to put CSS into WebVTT without having to
edit the pasted text.

In fact, let's double-check; any line-breaks in a CSS file can be converted
> to other white-space without a change in meaning, also.  True?

 Other white space like spaces? I think so. Are you suggesting to put all
CSS in a single line?