Re: WebVTT spec

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > I don't know how that would help better, but attached is the created
> > static html page.
>
> Yeah, that was much better, thanks.
>
> Looks mostly good. The main things that stood out was that the new version
> doesn't encourage people to participate or tell them where they can report
> feedback,

It's not in the header, but a bit further down. I should make it more
explicit though, thanks!

> as far as I can tell, and some of the prose got unexpected
> capital letters, e.g.:
>
> old: When the algorithm above requires that the user agent collect WebVTT
> new: When the algorithm above requires that the user agent Collect WebVTT
>                                                            ^
> This happens several times, e.g. above, and with "Let cue's Text track
> cue alignment", "When the user agent is to Parse the WebVTT settings",
> "then let cue's Text track cue writing direction" (twice), "let cue's
> Text track cue alignment" (five times), " user agent is to Collect a
> WebVTT timestamp", "If the Text track cue writing direction is
> horizontal", "Otherwise, the Text track cue writing direction", a bunch
> of cases under "Determine the value of maximum size"... I didn't check
> beyond that point.

Yes, I had to do that because the cross-references in ReSpec are sensitive
to capitalisation. I'll make a patch for ReSpec to ignore capitalisation
and can then revert these. They are all in one or two commits.

Thanks for checking! I'll let you know when David and I have sorted out
where it should get published and then we can switch over.

Cheers,