Re: Metadata in the VTT file header (bug 15851), use cases (and a need to close this)

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> OK, there are two mechanisms we are discussing: one is to end the
> header parsing and one to define multi-value metadata fields.
>
> Are you suggesting to use the same mechanism to end both?

"." ends a multi-line header.  A blank line, when not contained within a
multiline header, ends header processing.  (Additionally, for error
handling, header processing is also ended by a line containing "-->", but
only if it's not within a multiline header or a valid single-line header.
It's easy to distinguish "00:01.000 --> 00:02.000" from "Style: value", as
long as you don't allow headers to start with a digit.)

--
Glenn Maynard