Re: WebVTT bidi: should a cue be allowed to contain more than one paragraph?

I just realized that this will have a consequence that you may not have
intended. According to the latest draft of CSS Text Level 3, the 'start'
and 'end' text-align values when applied to an element with
unicode-bidi:plaintext result in each bidi paragraph aligning to its own
start or end. Thus, for our running example, if the cue alignment is
'start', the first paragraph will be right-aligned and the second paragraph
left-aligned.

If you want all the paragraphs in a cue aligned uniformly, you will have to
set text-align to an absolute 'left', 'right', or 'center' computed on the
basis of the cue's overall direction and alignment.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin <aharon@google.com