Selection of chair

Hi all,

Since there have been no counter-proposals on candidates for the chair
of this group during the last week, we have David Singer as the only
candidate. We therefore do not need a poll.

I'm therefore declaring David Singer as the new chair of this group until.

He will be in this position until such a time that we believe we have
to take another poll with several candidates or he steps back from the
position.

Congratulations, David to the unopposed poll! :-)

Best Regards,
Silvia.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like kick off the Community Group on Text Tracks with this email.

[..]

> 2. Selection of Chair
>
> The process document says we have to have at least one Chair who is
> responsible for ensuring the group fulfills the requirements of the
> process document as well as the group’s operational agreements.
>
> Someone voted for me on the members list, so I am the interim Chair
> and will facilitate the selection of a new one. I could stay on as
> co-chair, but I would like to focus on technical work.
>
> In off-line discussions we have managed to persuade David Singer from
> Apple to stand for chair of this Community Group. He has been key to
> getting the Community Group off the ground and I'd like to support
> David for the chair position.
>
> According to process, the participants of the Group choose their Chair(s).
> http://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/#choose-chair
>
> This means we have to have some kind of poll. We could have a poll
> with just David put forward as candidate, but I would like to give
> this group the opportunity to nominate other candidates - after all
> this is a "Community Group". I think we should end up with one chair
> only for now, since that makes communication easier.
>
> So, I'm opening the floor to nominations until next week this time.
> Please reply to this email with names that you would like to see added
> to the list of candidates for chair in a poll. We will then also have
> to ask these proposed candidates if they would actually stand as
> candidates, so you might want to make sure they are actually
> available. After that I will give the CG members a week to answer the
> poll and we will deal with the results.
>
> I'm hereby putting David Singer forward as a candidate for the chair position.

[..]