Re: Roll-up captions in WebVTT

On Nov 29, 2011, at 2:00 , John Foliot wrote:

> With all due respect, your opinion here should not be what is driving
> progress.

I don't see any signs of that right now.  We're having a healthy, wide-ranging discussion.  I don't think people's aesthetic opinions add much to the discussion, mind you, but if you see signs of one person's opinion driving anything, let me know (personally).  I don't, right now, FWIW.

> That you don't like it is no cause for it to be discarded.

True for everyone, of course.  Nonetheless, I like to strive for universally recognized excellence in all things.  Maybe we all do.

Maybe we can't achieve it, but let's let the brainstorming roll for a bit, please?

[IMHO there was nothing actually over the line in either message, but their tone is not quite what we'd like, thanks]

David Singer