Re: A new GitHub organization for web-platform-tests

On 04/04/2018 07:18, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> What would a structure that doesn't mix tests and infrastructure look like?
> Two subdirectories?

Any mass move like this would be disruptive for gecko. Although we do
have support for moving metadata files when downstreaming, I don't
particularly want to find out all the edge cases that occur when every
test is moved. Moving the tooling is not well supported since various
paths are hardcoded (so that e.g. wptrunner ends up on the Python path
when running gecko-specific tooling). It would also cause merge
conflicts with every local change, and break tests relying on absolute
paths. I can't imagine it would be less than a week of work to fix all
the fallout from such a change, and more than likely there would be
subtle breakage not noticed for a long time.

In the absence of strong evidence that the current setup is causing
problems at the same scale as the disruption any move would cause, I am
very reluctant to start making large-scale changes to the organisation
of the repository.