Re: Unifying testsuite policy and getting rid of CSS exceptions

On 9/27/17, 6:30 PM, "Geoffrey Sneddon" <me@gsnedders.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:19 AM, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk> wrote:
    > Yeah, a simpler directory structure is certainly progress. But I worry that
    > there are historical examples of people refusing to submit perfectly good
    > testsuites to CSS because of metadata requirements. Making that metadata
    > almost a noop isn't going to help convince people that they aren't being
    > asked to perform pointless makework. However, as you say, it should become
    > more obvious what the actual effect is in a few months.

    If implementers feel like it is impeding them releasing tests and
    helping interoperability, they should speak up in the CSS WG and try
    and change the CSS WG's opinions on this matter. It is rather less
    convincing when it is only me arguing this in the WG when I haven't
    written any layout code in years.

+1. The moment someone says, “Here are the tests you need to complete the CSS-Cascade test suite, and why I can’t or won’t submit them to WPT” we’ll find a way to accommodate that person’s needs.

Thanks,

Alan