Re: How to do issue triage in web-platform-tests?

On 08/08/17 20:45, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> I think we can something workable with just priority labels. What would
> people like? I think that low/medium/high/urgent is the largest number of
> priorities that could be useful, but 3 could also suffice.
> low/medium/high/urgent would correspond fairly well to the P3-0 that
> crbug.com has, would anyone mind it?

I feel like the three priorities are approximately "this needs to be
fixed asap", "this is something we will work on in the next weeks",
"this is something which isn't going to get attention soon". So that's
three priorities. Maybe there's some difference between "this is
something we would like to work on but don't have time right now" and
"this is something we would never spend time on but would take patches
for". So I can also see a case for four. But I would like it to be
documented (and if possible obvious from the labels) what the actual
expectations around various priorities are. I don't think that
low/medium/etc. or 0/1/2/3 really conveys well. Something more like
priority:urgent, priority:<not sure how to convey this one>,
priority:backlog and priority:patches-accepted would be better.