Re: who is on point for all of the various pull requests?

From: James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:37:30 +0100
To: John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>, "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>
On 21/06/16 17:32, John Jansen wrote:

>> We also have a policy that tests which have been reviewed once in
>> some other public review system can land without further review,
>> and there is no "same organisation" prohibition on reviewers. This
>> means that many tests from browser vendors can be reviewed
>> upstream, and the review carried forward to web-platform-tests.
>
> Hi James,
>
> We have a new PR to land for CORS[1] and I was wondering about this
> statement. Is there a process in place for this policy, or should I
> just tell people here at Microsoft to send mail to the
> public-test-infra alias when they have a reviewed/approved PR?

Well the way it works for Mozilla is that changes land in the original
gecko/servo repository directly and then when they are upstreamed the
corresponding bugzilla bug is linked in the pull request so there's a
clear papertrail of who did what where.

Obviously for Microsoft this is a bit harder if you aren't doing code
review in public.

I think it's fine for Microsoft employees to comment on issues directly
e.g. "I reviewed this when it landed in Edge". That seems more useful
than involving a mailing list for which the messages would not be of
interest to everyone.