Re: Removing unused files under /tools

Hi Erika,

On 30/04/2014 21:17 , Erika Doyle Navara wrote:
> On Monday, April 28, 2014, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> I was wondering in the /tools directory the other day and noticed
>> we have some old unused stuff there. I'd like to clean this up and
>> remove those unused files. If this goes through, it would remove
>> the directories tools/json, tools/html, tools/coverage, a few
>> phantomjs script in tools/scripts, and tools/README.
>
> Regarding the tools/coverage directory, I'm curious to understand why
> the "Test Suite Coverage Analysis" effort was abandoned, and also
> more about the current thinking on tracking coverage per spec.

The coverage work was initially conducted in order to assess how much
funding the testing effort would need to reach various coverage levels.
Since the whole "get funding" part didn't work out, no one has been
updating the coverage stuff.

If anyone wishes to take over the code and do something with it that
maintains more up to date coverage information (keeping in mind that of
course it is always very heuristic) it is certainly welcome!