Re: Knowing which tests are in the repository

On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM, David Burns wrote:
> By putting the details all in the test html that excludes out of process
> tests, like WebDriver tests, from getting the information so we would
> need to run tests, process information and then abort or complete which
> is not ideal.

Agreed, but at the end of the day, there is some tradeoff we have to make between ease of authoring/revieweing and ease of running the tests.

Currently I feel like the former is the bottleneck and the one we should optimize for.

That said, there should be a number of ways to mitigate the issues you mention.

jgraham suggested automating manifest generation and including these manifests in the repo itself.

plinss suggested having a build step and only using the output of that build step to run the tests rather the main repo.

Maybe we should start discussing these (and possibly yet other propositions) and agree and implement the best option.

--tobie