Re: What is the purpose of this group? - was: Re: Who currently executes the tests in the w3c repos?

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Peter Linss wrote:
> At this point I need to re-ask the question and insist on a clear, definitive, answer: Is this effort, by which I mean the W3C central test repository and the testing infrastructure built around it, going to support the CSS WG's needs to get specs to REC or not?
>
> If the answer to that is no, fine, but then I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to merge the CSS WG test repo with the central repo as that would be defeating the CSS WG's goals. We've run for years with our own repo and our own tools and we can continue to do so going forward. We can still share parts of our technology were practical, but our primary focus will be on meeting our own needs.
>
> If the answer is yes, fine too, but then let's stop this debate and focus on what it's going to take to meet those needs.

Hi Peter,

Addressed the above in another thread[1].

Please LMK if you feel this needs further clarification.

Thanks,

--tobie
---

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-test-infra/2013JulSep/0163.html