Re: Who currently executes the tests in the w3c repos?

On 08/07/2013 10:49 PM, Dirk Pranke wrote:
> So it sounds like whether a test is in an "approved" directory or a
> "submitted" directory is a rough guideline at best and probably should be
> ignored. Does Shepherd expose APIs that would allow me to query the status
> of a particular test path in the repo? Also, do you have plans to
> eventually remove the approved/submitted directories? It seems like there
> is value in having tests be in the main branch of the main repo even if
> they are not actually approved, so that people can run tests prior to their
> approval, right?
>
> (It seems like this would be valuable for web-platform-tests as well,
> right?)

That's already possible without requiring those tests to be in the main
repository; pull requests to the web-platform-tests are mirrored to
<http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/submissions/> (if they're
created by trusted contributors or get a comment containing
"w3c-test:mirror" from one).

HTH
Ms2ger