Re: Simple Proposal for setting HTTP headers

On 2013-07-18 13:08, Tobie Langel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've received a number of requests for .htaccess support or the
> ability to write server-side code in order to be able to set HTTP
> headers.
>
> Supporting .htaccess ties us to Apache, which makes our test suite
> less portable. And although there are valid use cases for writing
> server-side code (which will of course be supported), setting HTTP
> headers hardly seems to be one of them.

As a practical matter, I'm pretty sure that we already do support
.htaccess, and have tests that depend on this.

As a portability issue, .htaccess files are way less problematic than
the dependency on PHP.

However if someone is prepared to do the work to support a more
constrained format, and port the existing tests, that isn't something I
will object to.