Test suites serve different purposes [Was: Re: Review of tests upstreamed by implementors]

Hi James, All - I agree with a lot of what James wrote but I do want to
followup on the bit about WebApps ...

On 3/20/13 4:46 PM, ext James Graham wrote:
> and without leading to a scenario where a single organisation can
> unilaterally declare the testsuite for a feature to be "complete" (at
> least for Process purposes). I should note that in webapps at least
> this latter situation is more or less arising today, so it isn't
> theoretical.

Just because a member of the group (say Member @ here) says its tests
are sufficient to test CR, that doesn't mean the group agrees. I don't
recall any of WebApps' specs advancing to PR before a request for a
WG-wide review of the spec's test suite was made. If you are aware of
any such cases, please do let me know.

Of course we can't guarantee that other members will review the tests
but if the other members don't review, they do indeed effectively say
"we agree with Member @'s assessment".

-AB