Re: Automatic test results reporting

On Aug 10, 2011, at 12:11 PM, James Graham wrote:

>> No, there's no notion of a session in the harness, and I really don't
>> want to add one on the server side, I'd be OK with a mode that stores
>> results in browser local storage and submits them as a batch, but I
>> don't want that to be the default mode (or required as it's designed to
>> work with all sorts of clients and many will not support local storage).
>
> I don't understnad why you need the notion of a session. I also don't
> understand why you are loading a differnet top-level document for every
> test and yet still loading tht actual test file in an iframe. Why not just
> load each test in an iframe sequentially and collect the results in
> memory, only submitting them once the entire batch is complete?

Because one of the requirements of the harness is to not require javascript in the client in order to function. It was designed to accept results from the widest possible set of clients and not all of them have javascript, even in this day and age…

Having a mode that uses script and functions as you describe would be acceptable, but only as an option.