Re: TalentSignal: How to express that something isn't required

I am not sure what a property such as "notRequired" actually means. Does it
mean that whatever characteristic stated as "notRequired" is a
characteristic that won't be considered in assessing candidates? Does it
mean that while "notRequired", candidates that have acquired the
characteristic will have a leg up? Or does this even need to consider these
nuances of how having and not having are considered in hiring? As Merrilea
points out, JDX covers notions of required/prefered/alternative...so could
we assume that required/not required in a posting are simply alternatives?
But alternatives usually reflect things like "bachelor degree or 5 years of
experience".