From: Stuart Sutton <stuartasutton@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:53 AM
To: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Cc: public-talent-signal@w3.org
Subject: Re: TalentSignal properties relating to employer information

+1 to all three.

Stuart

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 4:22 AM Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk<mailto:phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>> wrote:

Hello all, I hope that we can discuss and suggest three properties loosely related to employer information as solutions to the following from our page of issues / requirements<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Issues,_use_cases_and_requirements>:

1. There should be a means of providing contact details for a JobPosting. Arises from analysis of Junior software developer example posting<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Examples:_Junior_software_developer>

I know this is maybe useful only in a minority of cases where jobs are maybe specialized, or non-standardized, but seems very common in some sectors, for example Higher Education or small companies, to have a "for further information please contact..." line in job adverts.

-- I propose we suggest a property applicationContact to JobPosting, with an expected value type of schema.org/ContactPoint<http://schema.org/ContactPoint> defintion: "contact details for further information relevant to this job posting"

2. provide Employer Overview "Description of the employer, career opportunities, and work environment" From Comparison of JDX JobSchema+<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Comparison_of_JDX_JobSchema%2B_with_schema.org> with schema.org<http://schema.org>, see also issue 1829<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1829> point 5.

This is different to the general description that can be provided for a hiring organization in that it provides information relevant to filling a hiring requirement, for example advertising what a great place the organization is to work at, or signaling that legal requirements for hiring are being upheld.

-- I propose we suggest a property employerOverview (text) "description of the employer, career opportunities and work environment for this position"

3. Provide a means of giving the industry a standard code. From Comparison of JDX JobSchema+<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Comparison_of_JDX_JobSchema%2B_with_schema.org> with schema.org<http://schema.org>

Currently JobPosting has a property for industry<https://schema.org/industry>, (the industry associated with the job position) but this can only be text so codes like those in NAICS or ESCO would be difficult to interpret.

-- This is easily dealt with by allowing DefinedTerms to be used to specify industry.

Please respond. It's important we discuss anything that I propose that does not meet requirements, but it is also useful in demonstrating wider agreement if people who agree say so. A simple "+1" in response would be fine.

Thank you, Phil
--

Phil Barker<http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil

CETIS LLP<https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.
PJJK Limited<https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.