Re: [TalentSignal] Example for JobPosting qualifications as EducationalOccupationalCredentials

Interesting thoughts Merrilea, thank you.

I think that you're right to say that no employer will publicise that
they won't accept credentials from Institution X; and anyway, I can't
think of a way of expressing that information in schema.org. So let's
put that to one side.

EducationalOccupationalCredential has a property provider
<https://schema.org/provider> which might be useful for saying things
about credentials from which institutions are acceptable. So you could
say the provider must be memberOf the Ivy League, or say that only one
or two institutions are acceptable. This might work where there is some
sort of closed shop or monopoly for providing the credential, but I am
not convinced that this really scales to many scenarios. (Tell me if I
am wrong and I will make an example.)

What I do think would work better is to show is that the credential
should be recognised by <https://schema.org/recognizedBy> some
accrediting organization:

{
   "@context": "http://schema.org/",
   "@type": "JobPosting",
   "title": "Systems Research Engineer",
   "qualifications": {
     "@type": "EducationalOccupationalCredential",
     "credentialCategory": "Bachelor of Science",
     "about": "Computer Science",
     "name": "Bachelor of Science in Computer Science",
     "recognizedBy": {
       "@type": "Organization",
       "name": "British Computer Society",
       "url": https://www.bcs.org/
   }
}

(using British Computer Society because I am not sure whether ACM / IEEE
or who provides similar accreditation in the US or elsewhere; happy to
show alternatives)

Phil