Re: [TalentSignal] analysis of example Job Posting

Hello, Phil.

I'd agree with all your points, though it took me a while to read
through your links and understand that "combining requirements for a job
posting" referred to the problem of needing to specify both requirements
and their boolean relationship to each other (e.g., a 4 year degree AND
six years of experience OR a Ph.D. AND a current cybersecurity
certification).  It gets even more complicated when realizing you really
need both the booleans and parentheses (or some kind of
order-of-operations indicator),  to encode requirement relationships.  I
have no proposed solution, but one is needed if these data standards are
to be used in career navigation/career pathways software.

I was at first concerned about how we encode
remote/telecommuting/virtual jobs, but I see that is taken care of in a
parameter called jobLocationType.  I do run into a problem often, when
working with job data, that the listed job location is the main
company's physical headquarters, even for jobs where the person is
intended to work offsite anywhere in the US.  This causes the job to
show up on maps and searches as a fixed location even when it could be
anywhere.  I wondered at first if this were a data structure issue, but
apparently not, given we have a way to encode this correctly.  I guess
it's just a common employer data entry error.

Merrilea

--

Merrilea J. Mayo, Ph.D.
Mayo Enterprises, LLC