From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 12:07 PM
To: public-talent-signal@w3.org
Subject: [TalentSignal] analysis of example Job Posting

Hello all, a couple of weeks ago I shared a fictional example job posting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vD19BSnaxkf9qahYeGBw19YKPFi2McFEuJOE9a5K_KY/edit> [1] that originated from the job data exchange project.

I have analysed this against schema.org JobPosting<https://schema.org/JobPosting> [2] and the Google JobPosting Search guidance<https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/job-posting> [3], producing an example of a full JobPosting and some potential issues arising.

The issues are:

  *   There should be a means of providing contact details for a JobPosting
  *   There should be a means of providing information about the department within a hiring organization within which a job in a job posting is situated.
  *   There should be a means of combining requirements for a job posting
  *   employmentType covers different categories of information which leads to some complications when more than one is present.

You can see the full analysis on the TalentSignal wiki<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Examples:_Junior_software_developer> [4]

Do you think that these are significant issues worth addressing?

Regards, Phil
1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vD19BSnaxkf9qahYeGBw19YKPFi2McFEuJOE9a5K_KY/edit

2. https://schema.org/JobPosting

3. https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/job-posting

4. https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Examples:_Junior_software_developer

--

Phil Barker<http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil

CETIS LLP<https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.
PJJK Limited<https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.