Re: W3C Working Draft for Data Store API

Hi Gene,

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:48:48 +0100, Gene Lian <clian@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi SysApps,
>
> I've been working out a W3C working draft for the Data Store API,
> which is aimed to solve the issue that the Messaging API and
> the Contacts API might be facing: it's hard to define a general
> DB schema for searching/filtering messages/contacts.
>
>   http://airpingu.github.io/data-store-api/index.html
>
> I also made a github for it in my personal space (maybe it's better
> to move it to somewhere more formal):
>
>   https://github.com/airpingu/data-store-api
>
> Hope this can get noticed and please feel free to fire issues or
> questions about this draft.

A couple of minor comments:

There isn't a "published W3C version", so please remove that link.

It is pretty unclear how this relates to other work on storage (local
storage, indexedDB, etc etc) - that would be a really useful addition to
the draft.

In the references, the HTML5 editors are just that, not authors (the
authors are nominally the working group, who in both theory and practice
make concrete decisions about the content). Please add something (e.g.
"{authors} (eds.)" to indicate that.

cheers

Chaals