Re: Discussion on current status and next step of contacts API, Data Store API and TCP and UDP Socket API

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk73@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Eduardo.
> Sounds great! Then I would like to bring this spec to LCWD as soon as
> possible. What do you think?
>
> Do anyone have implementation of this spec? or Do anyone have a plan for
> implementing this spec in the near future?

We plan to make an implementation based on Bluetooth PBAP as data
source, planned for Crosswalk for later this year.

While the data definition part of the Contact and Messaging
specifications is rather mature, it is unclear yet whether the data
handling part is the best option possible. I wish we could wait with
the LCWD until implementations experiment with some of the dirty
details. This applies to the Messaging API as well.

See also http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2014Aug/0001.html

Best regards,
Zoltan