Re: [runtime] Application Lifecycle and Events - F2F feedback incorporated

On Sep 17, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
>
>> It'd be great if EventWorker would address say 90% of the requirements, and only minor extensions would be needed to support packaged apps.
>
> That would be great. I can't emphasize enough that there is an urgency for this group to get it's use cases and requirements in front of the folks currently working on Event Workers. Prototype implementations are happening right now in Chrome and Mozilla so we really don't want to miss the boat: the folks working on this change focus quickly (it was last week they were working on Promises, and next week they could switch to something else).

[...]

On an initial scan the API proposal LGTM considering the needs of this group:

  https://github.com/slightlyoff/EventWorker/blob/master/event_worker.ts

I'll be evaluating it in more detail against the use cases the group has identified.

>>> Should we set up a call with them to discuss?
>>
>> That'd be great. Could you help set it up?

> Not for a few weeks, sorry :(

No problem. Actually, Kenneth will be at the Blink contributors conference next week. If Alex is there too I suggest the guys sync.

> I suggest just pinging Alex on IRC - or just start bombarding the Event Worker's repository with questions/use cases. It might be worth while for us to request the TAG come and speak to the WG during TPAC. At least we can get Anne. Alex, and Yehuda in the room and ask them questions there.

Having TAG around at TPAC would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks,

-Anssi