Security Element API,. Re: gemalto joining SysApp WG

On 2013-03-27 16:33, GALINDO Virginie wrote:

> Hello SysApp,
>

> A short mail to inform you that gemalto is now part of the SysApp WG. We will be contributing on the security model discussions, and later on when appropriate, on the secure element API. And obviously, we will enter the discussions anytime our expertise may be relevant.
>

> Darmawan SUWIRYA will be flying from Austin to attend the next F2F meeting in Spain, and meet all of you in person. Olivier POTONNIEE is also monitoring the SysApp work and both have already been contributing last year by designing a possible example of secure element API, shared during the discussions related to the WG creation [1].

There are hundreds of millions of EMV-cards out there but you still have to fill in all the boring credit card details and finishing with the "password" (CCV) printed in clear on the back of the card (!) when you use it on the Internet.  Does Gemalto's suggested API address this?

This is another take on this matter which has received zero interest by the platform vendors:
http://www.apsca.org/event/meeting114/ISO_IEC_FAQ.html

Personally, I believe what's needed is a high-level SE-scheme.  It doesn't necessary have to be compatible with existing SEs given their limited use on the web.

Anders