Re: Formal proposal regrading editorial process

Hi. Mounir.

2013/3/7, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>:
> On 07/03/13 11:52, Dave Raggett wrote:
>> Alarm    -->  web-alarms              FPWD 5 Feb 2013
>
> I would have preferred 'alarms' but I guess it is no big deal.
>
>> Contacts -->  contacts-manager-api    FPWD expected today
>
> Can't we ask DAP to use 'contacts-intent' or something like that so we
> can use the 'contacts' shortname?

I think if we use contacts, someone in outside could confused among
our contacts API spec and other specs related with contacts in DAP. I
think it is not a big deal but, it would be better to use different
name. So I prefer to use contacts-manager-api ;)

Best regards,
Wonsuk.

>> The following are still in the pipeline and need shortnames:
>>
>> Execution & Security Models
>
> 'runtime' is the name we are currently using.
>
>> Messaging
>
> 'messaging' should be fine.
>
>> Telephony
>
> 'telephony' should be fine.
>
>> Raw Sockets
>
> 'raw-sockets' I guess.
>
>> The Device APIs WG has a historical published Working Draft with the
>> short name "messaging-api", see:
>>
>>     http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/
>>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-messaging-api-20110414/
>>
>> So we may want to avoid "messaging-api". However, if we want to re-use
>> that one, I can ask the Device APIs WG if they are agreeable to that,
>> given that they have suspended work on it. I would also need to seek
>> confirmation from the webmaster that this is okay, given the change of
>> working group. Should I give this a try, or should we seek a new short
>> name?
>
> I think it would be good to get 'messaging' and 'contacts' shortname to
> the SysApps WG given that DAP abandoned the idea of working on those
> except trough an Intent-based mechanism.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Mounir

ÀÌ ¿ø ¼® (Wonsuk, Lee) / Principal Engineer, Ph.D
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., LTD. (ß²àøï³í­)
Mobile: +82-10-5800-3997
E-mail: wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com, wonsuk73@gmail.com
http://www.wonsuk73.com/, twitter: @wonsuk73
Inspire the World, Create the Future !!!