Re: Formal proposal regrading editorial process

On 07/03/13 11:52, Dave Raggett wrote:
> Alarm    -->  web-alarms              FPWD 5 Feb 2013

I would have preferred 'alarms' but I guess it is no big deal.

> Contacts -->  contacts-manager-api    FPWD expected today

Can't we ask DAP to use 'contacts-intent' or something like that so we
can use the 'contacts' shortname?

> The following are still in the pipeline and need shortnames:
>
> Execution & Security Models

'runtime' is the name we are currently using.

> Messaging

'messaging' should be fine.

> Telephony

'telephony' should be fine.

> Raw Sockets

'raw-sockets' I guess.

> The Device APIs WG has a historical published Working Draft with the
> short name "messaging-api", see:
>
>     http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-messaging-api-20110414/
>
> So we may want to avoid "messaging-api". However, if we want to re-use
> that one, I can ask the Device APIs WG if they are agreeable to that,
> given that they have suspended work on it. I would also need to seek
> confirmation from the webmaster that this is okay, given the change of
> working group. Should I give this a try, or should we seek a new short
> name?

I think it would be good to get 'messaging' and 'contacts' shortname to
the SysApps WG given that DAP abandoned the idea of working on those
except trough an Intent-based mechanism.

Cheers,
--
Mounir