Re: The app: URI scheme

On 02/26/2013 05:15 AM, Janusz Majnert wrote:
>> It is true that two installed instances of the same hosted applications
>> would share the same data but this is also true for two websites on the
>> same origin and will be true for two applications sharing the same
>> origin. If a user installs "http://example.com/maps/manifest.webapp" and
>> "http://example.com/reader/manifest.webapp", those applications will be
>> sharing the same data, *exactly* as they would in a normal web context.
>
> May I ask why, in that case, is FirefoxOS documentation saying that
> there should only be one app manifest served from any single origin [1]?

This is an legacy limitation, but our security model now allows
different apps per origin, uniquely identified by their manifest URL. We
plan to remove this "one app per origin" from our implementation of the
mozApps API in the near future.

This also means that even if their origin is similar, all the data jars
(localStorage, cookies, indexedDB) are isolated for each app, and
isolated from web content from this origin.

 Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré
b2g team