Re: Contributions and editing process with sysapps repository

On Saturday, 23 February 2013 at 07:07, Wonsuk Lee wrote:

> Hi. Mounir.
> (I lost my comments wrote in previous email. So I write as below again)
> Thanks for good proposal!
>
> In general I agree with this process your proposed. But because this will be applied to all of specs developed in the group, I think we need to update a little bit more for this. For instance, W3C has issue tracking system, so if we use issue management system of Github, how could we co-ordinate between both? In addition, we also have a feedback from Robin.
>
> So I would like to ask you to update this process based on the feedback. It would be great if you do this in Wiki page of the group. I will discuss this with Adam soon.

IMO, if we are using Github for version control, then it's also better to track issues there as it keeps everything in one place. But if we track issue with Bugzilla, Github provides a service hook for that too:

[[
This service hook posts comments on Bugzilla bugs when commit messages
reference a bug by id number.

Bugs are recognised by the following formats, which are case-insensitive:
Ticket 123
Bug 123
Tracker item 123

Multiple bugs can also be specified by separating them with a comma,
apersand, plus or "and":
Bug 123, 124 and 125

If the "Integration Branch" option is filled in, only commits to that branch
will result in bugs being modified. This is useful for disabling premature bug
closing/comments when working on feature branches.

If "Integration Branch" is not set, commits to all branches will be
processed. If you only want to update Bugzilla when you push to your "main"
branch: you probably want to set this to "master".

If the central repository option is enabled and there is a "fix",
"close", or "address" before the bug then that bug is closed.

If a commit has already been mentioned in the bug comments when pushed
by another user then a comment isn't made, unless the central repository
option is enabled. In this case only the first line of the commit message
is included in the bug comment.

This hook requires Bugzilla version >= 3.4 to function correctly
and >= 4.0 to be able to close bugs.

]]

--
Marcos Caceres