Re: [Alarm] respectTimezone

On 12/02/13 07:31, Christophe Dumez - SISA wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> I fully support this proposal. If we make the respectTimezone argument optional, then it makes a lot of sense to use a dictionary for respectTimezone and the custom data since they would both be optional. Then, we can use a boolean for respectTimezone indeed.
>
> I also think that respectTimezone should be set to True by default.
>
> Anyone has any objection to this change?

'respectTimezone' and 'ignoreTimezone' isn't a simple concept, this is
why we decided to have it mandatory and as explicit strings instead of
booleans.

Indeed, most developers will use 'respectTimezone' but those who will
have to use 'ignoreTimezone' might not even think of it if the API isn't
explicit enough. Making the argument explicit reduces the chance of
developers shooting themselves in the foot. Hiding the argument inside a
dictionary might even be worse in this regard.

--
Mounir