RE: [Alarm API] data … yet another DB?

Hi Marcos,

For context, you are referring about the "data" argument of this method:
>  AlarmRequest add(Date date, TimezoneDirective respectTimezone, optional Object data);

I have given this some thought and I tend to agree with you. It seems to me (as well) that the client application could just as well use localStorage or IndexedDB to achieve this. I personally do not see any real advantage in using this data argument (over a database API) except maybe convenience. As you rightfully mentioned though, this convenience has a price.

As a consequence, I would be in favour of removing this "data" argument unless someone has a use case for it that cannot be satisfied by existing Database APIs. Does anyone have any thought on this?

Kr,
Christophe Dumez.