From: Wonsuk Lee [mailto:wonsuk73@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:58 AM
To: Dave Raggett; Jonas Sicking
Cc: public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: joint work with WebApps WG on Manifest

Here are some possibilities:

a. one of the two groups takes full ownership of the
   manifest format for both packaged and hosted apps

b. one group standardizes the manifest format and the
   other group standardizes extensions to that format
   as necessary for their own use cases

c. there is a joint task force involving both groups
   that standardizes a single specification covering
   the use cases for both working groups

When I had a discussion in web apps wg in yesterday, Mike(W3C) raised issue about administrative issue. So I have type "b" in mind. but I would like to get feedback from the group members

Whichever approach is adopted, both groups will need to liaise carefully. If we go the Task Force route, we would have a new mailing list and an area on the wiki. That is trivial to set up.

At the SysApps face to face we resolved to propose to create a TF to the WebApps F2F for the runtime work. However, following the recent discussion in WebApps WG, it seems that WebApps WG is willing to take on full ownership and to drive the spec to W3C Recommendation for both packaged and hosted apps.
Presumably, this includes covering any SysApps requirements in relation to the security and runtime model.

I am not sure Web apps WG is willing to make manifest specs including packaged web app. I understood as Web Apps handle only for part related with hosted web app and SysApps WG do take care of parts of packaged web app.
Jonas, Could you add more comment on this?

Kr, Wonsuk.

We now need to take a decision on how to move forward.

[1] https://github.com/sysapps/manifest/issues/20#issuecomment-17037665

[2] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/11-sysapps-minutes.html#item07

[3] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/25-webapps-minutes.html#action10

--
Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett

ÀÌ ¿ø ¼® (Wonsuk, Lee) / Principal Engineer, Ph.D
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., LTD. (ß²àøï³í­)
Mobile: +82-10-5800-3997
E-mail: wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com<mailto:wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com>, wonsuk73@gmail.com<mailto:wonsuk73@gmail.com>
http://www.wonsuk73.com/, twitter: @wonsuk73
Inspire the World, Create the Future !!!