Re: Telephony API, new version

Hello,

> ICC ID seems the proper one used for the service Id.

Yes, it is one proper way, however, I think it should not be mandatory
(some implementations may choose different id name space, likely
mapped to the ICC-ID).

>> For now, I suggest we remove the constraint, but don't support fetching the MSISDN through the Telephony API. IMO it should be a functionality exposed in the (future) separate TelephonyService API.
>
> The suggestion sounds good to me and I also support having a separate service API (in the future, maybe ;-) ).

I have fixed the bug in the spec along these lines, see
http://telephony.sysapps.org/ .
Thank you for raising the issue.
If you see any other inconsistencies, please share.

(One could also take a look at the page source, as there is some
background information in comments for certain choices, e.g. after
line 969 for call states, and after line 1748 there is a draft for
TelephonyService, commented out. This is for the editors' use and
might be removed later, but may shed some more light on the logic and
design of the API. That logic can also be challenged.)

Best regards,
Zoltan