Re: Deliverables

On May 25, 2012, at 09:23 , JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
>> Prioritising Security and Execution Models makes a lot of sense (in fact,
>> that part is already in the charter) because they are instrumental in
>> deciding the context to which the APIs with be attuned.
>
> Yes, but the knowledge and people for security design are quite different
> than the needed for API design. We can end up with a group very
> heterogeneous

I beg to differ, I don't think that you can design APIs properly unless you understand the security implications.

>> I strongly agree with Adam that picking a focused set to begin with would
>> be very helpful.
>
> I don't disagree but then you are opening a potentially big  discussion on
> priorities that can depend on different interests

I know, but just because a discussion may be difficult doesn't mean we should be having it. Given the plethora of deliverables, the sooner we can have a plan the better.

>> Another way to prioritise can be by resources. Any company that wants to
>> prioritise a given API should commit to editing it; and since talk is
>> cheap such commitments could be required to come with a properly
>> formatted W3C specification submission (or close enough to it ‹ it's not
>> as if the tools didn't make that easy).
>
> I totally agree. But if something is not in the Charter it would be
> difficult to make a submission

I'm not sure what you are referring to here?