Re: Deliverables

El 24/05/12 21:55, "Robin Berjon" <robin@berjon.com> escribió:

>Hi Jose,
>
>On May 24, 2012, at 19:53 , JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
>> * Security Model
>> * Execution Model
>> * Raw Socket API
>> * DNS Resolution API    >> I don't see the use case
>> * USB API

>Prioritising Security and Execution Models makes a lot of sense (in fact,
>that part is already in the charter) because they are instrumental in
>deciding the context to which the APIs with be attuned.

Yes, but the knowledge and people for security design are quite different
than the needed for API design. We can end up with a group very
heterogeneous

>I strongly agree with Adam that picking a focused set to begin with would
>be very helpful.

I don't disagree but then you are opening a potentially big  discussion on
priorities that can depend on different interests

>But stating things like "mobile should be our first target" is not really
>helpful. I have no doubt that mobile is the first target for Telefonica,
>and no doubt others. But in devising this charter there was strong
>interest and very good input from multiple communities including mobile
>but also netbooks, TV, automotive, cameras, and many more. I'm not saying
>that Telephony for instance isn't important, but for most of those cases
>it is very close to the bottom of the priority pile.

I can understand this and I'm open to find ways towards consensus

>That's part of the problem we face ‹ as the Web breaks silos we also have
>to face up to breadth of usage. Trying to prioritise per constituency may
>not lead to easy consensus.
>
>Another way to prioritise can be by resources. Any company that wants to
>prioritise a given API should commit to editing it; and since talk is
>cheap such commitments could be required to come with a properly
>formatted W3C specification submission (or close enough to it ‹ it's not
>as if the tools didn't make that easy).

I totally agree. But if something is not in the Charter it would be
difficult to make a submission

>WDYT?
>
>--
>Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at