Re: wsdl ontology

Dear Romina,
the main intent for the WSDL RDF ontology is basically to provide an RDF
view on WSDL documents - using an implementation of the transformation
described at w3.org/TR/wsdl20-rdf (one Java implementation is mentioned
at [1], but it can probably be implemented using XSLT as well), a SemWeb
agent will be able to integrate the WSDL data with its other RDF data.

To respond to your concrete points:

1) many properties in the WSDL RDF ontology have only ranges because the
ontology is intended to be reusable outside its main purpose - if you
want to attach a WSDL interface to something, you don't need to create a
new property, just reuse wsdlrdf:interface. In general, domains and
ranges clarify and/or restrict the use of properties, but they limit the
unexpected reusability.

2) an example usage is combining WSDL data with any other RDF data on
the Semantic Web, or even just with other WSDL data in a WSDL repository
built on RDF.

Since the WSDL RDF ontology is an RDF view of WSDL data, you do not have
to point to it from WSDL; any WSDL can be automatically transformed to
the RDF form.

Hope it helps,
Jacek

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007May/0043.html