Re: Re: OWL-S question: multiple atomic processes

On 11/28/06, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2006, at 7:24 PM, Jo Vermeulen wrote:

[snip]

> > If I use OWL-S API to convert GoogleSearch.wsdl [1] to OWL-S, I get
> > three different files, one for each operation (doSpellingSuggestion,
> > doGetCachedPage, doGoogleSearch). What I want is to combine these
> > atomic processes into one service description.
> [snip]
>
> Well, there's no trouble at all in putting them in *one file*. That's
> easy. If you want to have a single "Service" object "represent" three
> distinct bits of functionality, there are, as I said, a number of
> ways to do it. For one, you could use a Choice composite process.
> While in a sense it "composes them into one composite process" it
> also models what you're asking for...a service that can provide any
> of three distinct bits of functionality.

Just a quick question here, if these services have different inputs
and outputs, how would you handle that in the service profile? It
seems incorrect to advertise this as a single service, since its
inputs and outputs depend on the atomic process that is chosen...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

-- Jo