Re: R: R: sws matchmaker contest

Dear Avi,

d'accord, let's agree on a date to meet over lunch at iswc
as soon as the program is available. meanwhile, i'll also
meet with terry (and others) at the cia workshop in
edinburgh to discuss things in this matter; who else
would be there?

as said, most important problem at the moment is
the joint building up of test collections (owl-s, wsmo)
to use for the contest and the potential owl-s/wsmo matchmakers
for benchmark tests (performance r/p, avg qa, resource consumption).
among other things needed to run the first issue of the matchmaker
contest are a high-end server, and owls-s and wsmo service
retrieval test collections for benchmarking. the
result format and interface between matchmakers and
our test environment will be kept simple to allow easy
participation by simply runnning the matchmakers over the
given test collection(s), measuring their individual performance
and displaying the results.

i also very much appreciate the feedback
from the organisators of the sws challenge workshop
by restating the difference in intent of both activities.
i am particularly thankful for their new offer to use
the sws challenge infrastructure where appropriate.
holger, charles and michal, what would this entail in concrete terms?

cordial regs, matthias

Abraham Bernstein schrieb:

> Dear all
>
> I guess meeting at ISWC looks like a good idea.  How about planning a
> lunch meeting and then take it from there?
>
> Avi

Dr. Matthias Klusch
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
Phone: +49-681-302-5297, Fax: +49-681-302-2235
http://www.dfki.de/~klusch/, klusch@dfki.de