RE: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS

The WSDL-S team openly acknowledge the strong relationship between
WSDL-S and OWL-S, so this should be clarified in the SAW working group
charter, which currently recognises only once source of input. One can
see the core elements of WSDL-S in the OWL-S submission. This identifies
OWL-S extensions for WSDL message (owl-s-parameter), binding and
operation (owl-s-process) definitions.

The relevant sections of the OWL-S submission can be found in section
6.2
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-OWL-S-20041122#SECTION00062000000
000000000

This proposal is exactly along the lines of the WSDL working group
charter. I feel strongly that in the interests of clarity the sentence
below in the charter should be revised:

"A Member Submission, WSDL-S, related to this work, has been
acknowledged by W3C and should be used as one input to the Working
Group."

To something like:

"Member Submissions related to this work, WSDL-S and OWL-S (see
'Grounding OWL-S Services with WSDL and SOAP'), have been acknowledged
by W3C and should be used as input to the Working Group."

Steve Battle (Hewlett-Packard).