Re: Project Idea

Hi Chris -

Personally I think it's a great idea, and I encourage you to follow
through on it.

Offhand I'm not thinking of any particular papers that are extremely
directly relevant, although any of the papers about matchmaking or
planning with Semantic Web Services has clear relevance.

In essence this seems to be just that - a matchmaking problem but
perhaps with some additional context that could make things interesting.

You might check the MyGrid project's publications.  I recall they have a
development environment that tries to suggest relevant existing services
to a developer who is creating a service composition.  There are other
projects around doing similar things; hopefully you'll get some other

Also, I would encourage you to look at the KBSE and ASE (Knowledge-Based
Software Engineering and Automatic Software Engineering) literature from
10-20 years ago.  That community did some good work in this area,
non-Web-based but otherwise directly relevant.  I've been wishing for
some time that the SWS community were drawing more heavily on that work.

Regards,
David Martin